SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE
A COMPLETLY RESTORED
ARCHITECTURAL MASTERPIECE ON COOLANGATTA BEACH
• 17 Spacious rooms
• King-sized Koala Mattresses in all rooms
• Mid-century styling with clean Scandinavian bathrooms
• Room service by Eddie's Grub House downstairs, best burgers and live music in town
• Complimentary high-speed Internet access
• Flat-screen television with NETFLIX
• Fully stocked SMEG fridge and minibar
• Large work desk with easy-to-reach outlets
• Record player in select rooms with vinyl library in reception
• Custom NEON and artwork in each room
• Sleeper sofa and balconies available in select rooms
• Two pink beach cruisers and helmets available
• Iron/ironing board available on request
• Hairdryer and Biology amenities
• Ice available downstairs
• Access to SANTERIA Rooftop Bar and THE JANITOR'S CLOSET our hidden, speakeasy piano bar
THANKS TO RAW ENERGY ONE OF OUR CLOSE NEIGHBOURS, WE HAVE $17 BREAKFAST VOUCHERS AVAILABLE TO BE PRE-PURCHASED OR PURCHASED AT TIME OF CHECK-IN.
BREAKFAST FROM RAW ENERGY
History is history and the stories are set in stone. Our story begins many years before we came to be The Pink Hotel Coolangatta. We cant talk about our history without talking about Eddies as the two go hand in hand.
Growing up in the local area we had always admired and been drawn to the pink hotel or as it was known as “The Ocean View Motel” although we still all referred to it as The Pink Hotel when talking about it. Little did any of us realize where or why the attraction.
It all started back in the 90’s in the days where we have so many memories and no evidence of them. Young rollerblading Samuel Diklich meets Elliott Balk, a DIY punk rocker. Childhood friendships were formed over their passion for music. Over the years there were plenty of punk rock concerts, beers, and mayhem. They then met Sam Cleary and started Eddie’s Grub House like four little kids starting a new band.
Whilst people have come and gone Elliott, Diklich and Samuel are our three original horsemen. If you know Eddies and visit frequently you will know these faces. They are a major part of what makes us who we are.
We’d always talked about how iconic the pink piece of paradise that showered over Eddies was and how one day we would take it over.
The opportunity arose for us to take it over and in true Eddie’s style that just what we did. We were so grateful that it was us doing it and that we knew we could protect this amazing piece of history. We had a date and a plan to work with doing a few rooms at a time so we could work our way through it.
Five months of the gruelling hands-on renovation brought us to the place we are now and we're continually building making this girl sing as loud as she can.